Thursday, July 20, 2006

zygopetalum in bloom


my mom left me this plant in 2003 before she went back to malaysia. we didn't know what the flowers would look like, we only knew it is a zygopetalum. the plant continues to give out baby years after years. I have repotted it once or twice.. last year, a small spike (i am 90% sure it is a spike, not a baby) came out but due to neglect and inexperience, it didn't grow big or flower. in fact, the spike broke. i was disappointed.

this year, somewhere in beginning of autumn, it showed sign of spike again. this time i spent a lot of time observing and watching. before long, not 1 but 4 spikes appeared. I am estactic and anxious.i moved the plant indoor (to jake's displeasure) to ensure that it will bloom and shelter it from the rain/frost. i probably announced to stace about these spikes in May, but the first flower bloomed in 9 July :) I AM SO PLEASED!!!!!!!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: