Sunday, January 14, 2007

what's blooming now..

here's the bloomer this month.


This is allysum also known as sweet alice. The colour for the above is called Rose.
I bought them in November as seedling punnet and planted them into the garden bed.
Two months later, it's blooming. Allysum is a type of perennial and they are normally mass planted on garden bed as borders.

I have killed an anthurium before. This time I tried to make sure this one survive. I got them sometime in August and it wasn't doing very well in September. Even as I was being careful, the plant looked very limp/droopy.Then an orchid member told me, anthurium loves warmth and loves a good soak in the water. I went home and immediately immerse the whole pot in a bucket of water. When the bubble stops bubbling on top of the potting mix, I brought it back into my living room. The next day, the whole plant perks up.
In December, I saw a bud. (You have to look real hard on the left hand side pic). In January, the flower bloomed. It's a pink anthurium. In Summer, I have to water it 3 times a week.

No comments: