Just got home from a tiring exercise. No I haven't been running on treadmills or doing aerobics. I have just gone to pick up N from kindy and return books at library and have Abel's passport photo taken at the chemist.
Picking N and returning books was easy-peasy. A little embarrassed as I packed tambourines for N while they are learning alphabet U today. The teacher got N to play the tambourine when they sing their goodbye song. Saw all the kids brought umbrellas of all sizes. I'll have to find an umbrella small enough to fit into my ziplock bag.
Next we go to the library to return N's dvd. He's into Play School these days. It's pretty cool programme with lots of song singing, crafts and all sorts of things that pre-schooler love. We picked up another Play School and then lastly to the chemist.
By right, it should be just real easy. A snap or two and we will be out of there in 10minutes (allowing time for photos to develop) But A had a small problem. He wouldn't close his mouth. NZ Passport regulations require that photo must be taken with a neutral expression with mouth closed. So the lady must have snapped at least 20 shots until she ran out of memory (She must have a very small memory card) but still not having a good shot. She suggested she would photoshop for me but then she said the lighting from both pics are not the same so it was not possible for her. She then got another lady to take the pic while she served another customer. After 10-12 shots or so, the lady was satisfied with one. I was tired and also have to attend to N who is by now hungry and bored. He asked to have Char Kuay Tiaw at the shop we always go in the mall. So we went to have lunch there while we wait for the photos to be developed.
So, I was charged $20 for 4 photos. The normal price is $15 for 4 photos. I suppose when there's a baby who won't close his mouth it's quite worth the price. Do you have a good experience getting passport pic taken for yourself or your little one?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment