Thursday, November 25, 2010

Starting solids


I started Abel on solids when he was about 5 months and 3 weeks (roughly there). He was showing great interest on our food.
So this time I did a lot more research and also read so many baby cookbooks. But the best recipes and advice that I got were from Zainelicious and Angelolli They are tried and tested by people I actually know :)

I also got ready the tools that I need. A small pot to steam the food,blender with glass jug and some bpa free baby freezer tray.

Anyways for the first 2-3 weeks I only fed A baby rice cereal. I used the Watties baby rice cereal. I started with one meal a day and slowly went up to 2 meal or 3 meals. He got tired of the bland baby rice very quickly. So the next thing I tried was orange kumara puree (Sweet potato) He took it quite well. In fact he liked it very much. I then proceed to try carrots, Pears, Apples, peas and then started to mix ingredients like carrots and sweet corn and so on. I would make a batch and freeze them and each meal I would resteam them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: