Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Advent Calendar -DIY



Noel asked for an advent calendar this year. We agreed that I would make one for him.
I was not very keen on getting the ones with chocolate so I googled online for ideas.
Came across Sarah @ My Joy Filled Life and I loved the idea that she made one which emphasises spending time with her family.  The best part was she provided a free template to use. I modified it slightly as I did not have cardstock or laminator. I printed mine on printing paper and then stick them on my manila cards. The template also came with suggested ideas. However, given we are in the Southern Hemisphere, not all the activities apply, so I used the blank template and wrote my own activities at the back.

The cards took me about 1.5 hours to make (from printing to cutting and gluing on manila cards).
Brainstorming and writing the activites was another 45 minutes to 1 hour.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: