In Term 1, Noel learned about Now and Then. Their excursion was a day trip to the Howick Historical Village. I signed up to be a parent helper. There were 2 other classes going so there are nearly 60 childresn, 4 -6 teachers and 9 parents.
This is Noel's class waiting in the school compound for the bus. I was assigned 6 children (5 boys and 1 girl)
This is Noel's class waiting in the school compound for the bus. I was assigned 6 children (5 boys and 1 girl)
When we arrived, we were greeted by 3 women dressed in the Victorian era. The kids were very well behaved (most of the time )
We were divided into 2 groups, and our group went to a part of the village with Mrs White (I think) to learn about what people wear in those days. People wear cottons, and they cover themselves , only their hands and face can be seen. 3 boys and 3 girls volunteered to be dressed up.
Did you know that even a girl at a young age in an upper class family is expected to wear a bustle( butt cushion) to improve one's silhoutte.



No comments:
Post a Comment