This is a super overdue post but I'd just finished collaging the photos. We took our moms and dad and the boys to Waiheke Island in April during the Easter break. We caught one of the catamaran from Half Moon Bay and the journey was 35-40 minutes to the island.
First stop, we went to the market. It has bric-a-brac, pony ride, plant sales, fresh foods, and local artists showing their work. We bought some fabrics and N's kitchen appliances from a lady and then went to check out the foodstalls. The breads just look so inviting!!
Next we went to Stony Batter. I nick name it the Stonehenge of New Zealand :P Of course it is the result of volcanic acitivities long time ago. The walk was about 35 minutes. We had to stop often as N kept going off-course. First to check out the red dust, the rocks, and the sheep poops and cow dungs. I also had close encounter with this sheep that literally was 2 inches away from me while I breastfed A. Luckily Jake lured it away with some potato chips.
After the walk, we were exhausted and it is time to refuel :P We decided to go to Vino Vino for lunch. It overlooks the ocean. The view was stunning. We had the big platter and the steak. Yum...it couldn't be better.
Next, we went to Mudbrick Vineyard. The vineyard has a very well landscaped vegetable garden. There were cabbages, cauliflowers, beans etc. I wonder if the restaurant used the produce in its kitchen. N had a blast running up and down the little hill at the top of the restaurant. We also tasted the wines. A little disappointed we actually had to pay to taste the wine. The wines were alright. I like some of the reds we tried even though I am not a red person.


No comments:
Post a Comment