Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cotton bud painting


I saw this method on one of Noel's kindy wall and decided to experiment at home. I found some cotton buds and an old unused ice cube trays and we set to work. I asked Noel to choose 3 colours. He picked Orange, Yellow and Blue.
For Noel, I could see he enjoyed painting with the cotton bud. The cotton bud was easy to hold and he was using the block colour first and then he started to experiment mixing the orange and the blue. Or yellow and the Blue. He made lines, he made dots and he did not make much mess at all.
For Abel, he was excited by the cause and effect of the cotton bud and the colour producing colour on his paper. Somehow, he found a highlighter and decided to dot his paper with the highlighter instead.

Benefits: Fine motor skills
Posted by Picasa

No comments: